Monday, May 13, 2024

So here we are. Craving a race. Still no official 2024 plans. However I did sign up for the 2025 Arc of Attrition. It’s been taken over by UTMB which I’m not sure I like or not. The price has gone up, there are more aid stations, and more people. I don’t know, what I do know is I want sub 24 hours! 


Bluebells in Shrawley Wood

I keep looking back at this race in Bulgaria. 100 miles in a very mountainous region. A Hardrock 100 qualifier, and extremely affordable considering the economy there! A quick calculation and it appears entry, flight, car hire, and accommodation would be under £500! And that’s not dirt bagging it! Only hesitation is this quad issue.


Giant Sequoias in Shrawley

I’ve returned to my usual physio and she stabbed me with 5 needles, and over 40 minutes manipulated them. I’m running yes, but still haven’t gained confidence in my leg. There’s still a bit of tightness there. Kind of in limbo still, not ready to commit to anything. 


White flowers are all wild garlic, it reeked, but in a good way

After Arizona I’ve kind of lost my motivation for martial arts. I miss having a crew of people like my bike friends and spending time with my son Colby bike racing reminds of all that. I’d rather spend the nights I normally train martial arts helping him get better at bike racing, especially if I’m going to commit to a full blown race bike for him. Since getting my second degree black belt in JKD we haven’t had much new content and classes just seem to be a lot of helping others. I enjoy that but want to progress my skills too! I don’t know, maybe I’m done with it.


Single track running in Ribbesford Wood

Well I guess for now I’m an exerciser and not training. However, looking at the long game, Tor des Geants 2025 is really really consuming my mind as well as the idea of a 200 mile race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment