Friday, October 11, 2024


Been a while, seems I say that every post! Not much to write about so here are some photos! 

Did my first ever “beer mile.” Super fun! Here’s how it goes: 

“Go!”
Chug a beer. Run 400m.
Chug a beer. Run 400m.
Chug a beer. Run 400m.
Chug a beer. Run 400m.

That’s a mile! The clock never stops. I’m not sure what my official time was but my running time was a 5:05 mile! I’m a fast chugger but set my watch wrong so it only tracked the laps. Oh well. I won, out-drinking a bunch of 20 somethings! Still got it!  



I grew my own oyster mushrooms! Bought a kit a few months back and it finally arrived. So after a few weeks I had mushrooms! Fun project, wish I knew more about it. 



We got a new cat! Sadly bc after Rose was run over my wife soon after adopted “Birdie.” She has settled in nicely and is more of an inside cat which we are happy with. 



Brought Annabelle to an inclusive cycling day at the sports club where Colby trains. They have a bunch of recumbents, hand cycles, electric assist, trikes etc for folks with disabilities. It was super fun. 



I started officially training for the Arc of Attrition in January. And as expected the weather has turned into perpetual November, the snow never arrives. On a positive note this makes for ideal Arc training. 





Running has become boring dropping back into ultramarathon training. I want to do more speed work like I had been doing over summer. Maybe it’s time to change up the routine to see what happens. I know I can finish a 100 miler, but what happens if I add in faster marathon pace training? Hmmmmm.

I love running but really enjoyed that faster paced training. Maybe it’s time for a marathon, I love the consistency of the pace and the harder effort involved. 



Finally had a clear night to see the northern lights! This is out our front door. So cool, but probably more special in the backcountry or the middle of no where. 



I’m going to try to write more and get more photos, time is tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment