Sunday, February 10, 2013

Racing off the couch



Well yeah, we're back in running mode. Had been running a few miles a day and increasing a bit each time I got out. Then the wife pressured me into running the Wyre Forest 8 today which I did last year. I wasn't sure what to expect from my legs but I guess the race went well.

Wyre Forest 8 map

I was slower than last year and finished 5th but any injuries never presented themselves, well except for the odd MCL thing I have had going on which is mildly sore post race. The race course ended up being very muddy and wet, and the wind in any open areas was brutally cold. What a miserable day, I think it was in the upper 30's and raining. Legs felt alright but I could tell I hadn't ran consistently since mid-December!

Wyre Forest 8 Elevation profile - about 1550 vertical feet

Anyway, nice to have a little confidence back in my legs. Now it's time to train again.

No comments:

Post a Comment