Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Perpetual November is upon us

Well things have been ok with running. Been up at 430am to the run most mornings which has been great. No people. No cars. Just me and the dark for now, hence no photos. I've been running via headlamp when off the main roads plus I've been listening to podcasts making pulling my phone out to take a photo a pain. Soon with the time change hopefully I'll see a bit more sunrise. 

No major goals right now other than 30 - 40 miles per week. This week has been tough with the wife out for work; overnight and early. Also the little guy has been up at night dreaming which disrupts everyone's sleep. Not running really puts me in a shitty mood. Fall always hurts anyway. Every year I live here Fall or "Autumn," as everyone here is quick to correct my "English" (pricks!), precedes a highly disappointing "Winter." 

Winter doesn't exist here, I call it Perpetual November. You know the treeless, brown and gloomy gray, trying to snow, shit that usually provides a happy fun anticipation for cold and snow. Here that beautiful white joy never arrives. We stay in Perpetual November until spring arrives. It sucks. Maybe I'll melt some ski wax to enjoy the smell. 

Once November begins I'll need to consider official training. The Thames Path 100 is on May 5 so about 6 months out. With early morning running consistency for the first time in two years I'd like to think I can start being competitive again so we'll see. That's the main goal for TP100. 


No comments:

Post a Comment