Sunday, April 8, 2018

This past week I began running after a solid week off. Only easy running and low low miles. It's surprising though how fast my easy pace is. I guess it's reassuring after time off and a lot of easy low mileage weeks. The piriformis is ok. It's noticeable so I'm hesitant but I can easily run low miles with little repercussions. My strength work continues. I am on the fence about going to the PT to get it checked out for peace of mind but is it worth the cost?

I officially dropped out of Thames Path 100. The refund cutoff was getting close and I gave in to any hope I'd be able to race it. It's flat but probably best to cut my losses and refocus.

It was an odd week not running. I was definitely more awake and likely in a better mood. Pre-dawn running is great but it definitely wears on me. It's really the only available time I have though so I'll take it. Night has always been an option but then I have to deal with traffic, heckling, and of course the wife. I also am all wired up and rarely sleep well. Some days I just want to stop and give in, become like everyone else. Why do I even care about my health, no one else really does, and they sure seem a lot happier than me? I slashed my cholesterol by a fucking third by changing my diet and no one really gives a shit. They just find it funny I'm a "vegan." Well if you listened to what I say I'm actually NOT a vegan. I eat a plant based whole foods diet. I guess everything needs a label though these days doesn't it?   

Running is seemingly the only aspect of me personally that still exists since moving here. The list of things I used to do that defined me is long, most of those things people here have no idea about. My secret past I guess. I find it amusing when people boast about skiing and anything pertaining to winter or the outdoors here. I just keep my mouth shut and agree, "that sounds great, yep!" I miss being among my tribe of like minded individuals. People who appreciate the sunrise and sunset, see the beauty of the outdoor world. 

Anyway, on to yet another shitty Sunday. Hopefully I can escape tonight for a little peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment