Monday, August 27, 2018

Moving up with the miles

I did it. I managed two 60 mile weeks. Really stoked about this. I was diligent with foam rolling, stretching, and massaging my feet as aches and pains have appeared with the increase. My feet are my main concern. They’ve both had odd pains throughout. Yesterday  I managed to have a few minutes where I didn’t have to chase kids, the wife had a friend over who also had kids so they were all fairly occupied outside of me. I took advantage and soaked my feet in ice water which helped significantly. It’s alwsys been said it’s the things you do outside of running that make you faster. Being on top of all this stuff is allowing me to increase my mileage.



This week will be tough. The wife is out for a funeral and also for a wedding so mornings will be compromised. I’m not sure if it’s good or bad. It may be a good thing to take an easier week and then ramp it up again next week to 60-70 miles. I’m tempted though to shoot for another 60 mile week, I have been enjoying running so much lately as well as the time management around life that it’s  hard to say no. I find it such an achievement to do what I do around a family. If I end up injured though all this positivity will go away which is a very bad thing.

Speaking of positivity I read a really interesting article recently which really really rings so true in a lot of ways for me. There are people in my life that would understand why I do what I do more if they read the article however I doubt they will. Here’s  link:

Extreme Athleticism Is The New Mid-Life Crisis

And on we go. One more week and it’s back to school for the kids, hopefully more opportunities  to run,  and also more work for me. It will be busy but I enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment