Saturday, December 29, 2018

Nothing really to blog about. I'm injury free and running. 

I had a goal of 2000 miles this year, I was behind, but figured out a plan to get there. Well that all fell apart with Christmas. The stress of entertaining, cleaning up after, and dealing with other people's sleep schedules hit me full force the other day. I've had a fever for two days and have been unable to sleep. Obviously I'm not running either. With just 40 miles to go I was sidelined by this sickness. I was disappointed at first but not much I can do if I get sick. I would've been angry if it was due to other people's inflexibility, something I deal with often. I guess I'll just need to go for a bigger goal next year! 

I hit an all time high for weekly mileage about a week ago. I managed 80 miles which I was pretty proud of. Keep in mind I have two kids, whom I'm basically tied to, a wife who doesn't run, and I work. Very happy with making that happen. 

Been hitting the calisthenics fairly hard, well at least until I got sick. I managed to blast out 62 push ups in a minute, not too bad for a 41 year old! I enjoy the strength work and I know it's probably the best thing I can be doing as I get older. 

JKD has been humming along, although the academy closes over Christmas. Four guys just got their Phase 10 (black belt) certification and it sounds like there will be a monthly black specific class which should be cool, excited for that. 

Anyway, yeah I'm still here. No photos lately because I run when it's dark for the most part! Figured I'd better post something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment