Saturday, February 4, 2023

Flooding and photos

To start a few before and after photos of the River Severn flooding. This is a normal occurrence here in the winter but has in the past flooded above and beyond normal causing all sorts of issues. I did enjoy a bit of exploring to avoid the flooding, it’s easy to get frustrated though, when time is limited I like to have an idea of where I’m going and when I’ll be back.








 Ran out the Worcestershire Way a couple weeks ago for something different. It’s an out and back run which is very scenic but running from the house can be a bit blah vert-wise so I drive a few miles to start where the hills are best. I prefer to run from home as it’s more time efficient but doing this I am able to get in an extra 900-1000 feet of vert over 20 miles as compared to my normal 20 mile run from home route. I also dip into territory of some of the Worcester area clubs and their Strava segments. Am considering running out here more to tick off some of the King of the Mountain segments for fun. 


Cold morning but kept the mud a bit more solid.


Not exactly sure what this is but a herd was fenced in at a farm in Abberley

Training is ticking along. I’m meeting my friend Greg from Cornwall in Manchester the first weekend in March and we are driving to North Wales for a few days of running. Hopefully the weather is good. It can be really nasty there. Hoping to cover a bit of the UTS 100 race course. Tough running up there, lots of vert and the terrain can be very technical. I’ve ran a pretty good chunk of the race course however the northern section, which I believe is the most technical, I have not. Should be a fun weekend away. It’s always strange leaving the family behind but once I’m in the moment it’s all good! 


Frozen water


Cold but sunny out,  can’t complain


River Teme during flood stage


Top of Abberley Hills

I guess mainly a photo post. Not much to talk about. Life is ticking by. Had a birthday last month, I turned 46, even though I swear I’m 47! Doesn’t matter much really, just another day. So on we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment