Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Getting really excited for Arizona. Another friend is running Crown King and it’s her first ultra I believe. Her and her husband are old NAU cycling bike racing friends. He’ll be at the finish and is able to get us home from there and also if my wife and kids want they can tag along too. Big day out in the desert though for British folks! Bumpy rural Forest Service roads for a hour or two is a daunting thing for people over here in the UK! Super scenic drive though, I hope they at least consider it. 


Icy mud on my long run

I’m running part time. Still riding the bike to lessen the impact. Long run is up to 16 miles, which I’m happy with, and hope to bump it up to 20 miles the next two Mondays. Would love to be back up to 40 mile weeks before the race but as long as I can comfortably run 20 miles, 50km (30 miles) in the desert will at least be do able. Probably won’t be competitive but that’s ok.




Cat friend at the church

It’s difficult to transition back to running. I’m enjoying time on the bike and the strength work I’ve been doing. I need to see if I have the will power to at least keep up with the strength work. I’m also easing back to running to avoid any new injuries. I was honestly sore after my Monday long run. The mud was horrible, the pace was slow, but just what I needed.


Forestry equipment….

L
……thrashed the trails into ankle deep hell!




No comments:

Post a Comment