Thursday, December 6, 2012

Downtime and building back

Slowly heading back into a routine. For the past 5 days or so I've been trying to run and then ride my trainer every other day which has been working out pretty good. My runs have only been a few miles but I want to ease back into it in hopes of my knee getting better which it seems to be doing.

I've been running in the Puma Faas 250 Trail which is a pretty stripped down trail shoe. Not much cushioning, superlight, and it has been fun. I think it would work great for a trail half marathon or less for most people unless you enjoy the minimalist feel. I'd say it's more a fast workout or race shoe. So far so good.

Been trying to be more consistent with the body weight exercises too. More push ups, more pulls ups, squats, lunges, etc.... It's amazing how effective these simple motions can be at building strength. Also have been doing quite a few random quad and hamstring rehab type exercises and stretches to strengthen my knee and keep everything mobile. This seems to be helping my recovery.

Heading to the US for a visit in a few weeks which should be fun. If there is snow I may try to do a nordic ski race! We shall see though, I haven't been on snow in almost two years! I hate reading that. I really miss skiing but running fills that gap just the same. I think I miss the community more than anything.

Alright, kind of a boring post. No cool photos, gear to ponder over, race updates. It is winter though!

No comments:

Post a Comment