Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Priorities.

Read an interesting article on wasting time the other day. So many people make up excuses, as do I, for not doing certain things, the basis being didn't have time. 

For me, in my running life, it could be missing a run, not stretching, not doing pre-hab exercises, letting my healthy diet slip, the list goes on. The point of the article was that you DO have time for these things it's just that they aren't a priority to you. I looked at how much time I waste on the internet, which is most of the time I am online. Am I benefitting myself by surfing the web? Window shopping for things I really can live without? Reading an article on something I already know? Most of the time no. I may be gaining knowledge but mostly it's worthless entertainment. So I've been making a point of reminding myself of what my priorities are when faced with such a time waster.

The internet, smart phones, texting, social media, etc.. More and more I see these things, although important, they are totally taking precedence in peoples' lives over there personal well being and even their family. 

Disconnect. Hang it up. Put it down. You DO have time. What's your priority? 

And on to the running........

So I'm still going ok with this running streak. I keep worrying about this ankle pain I've been getting running. I may have said achilles in the past but I've narrowed it down more to the medial side of my left ankle, running near my arch and kind of up my lower leg, if that makes any sense! I could ramble off a few muscles and tendon it possibly is but we'll skip that. It only hurts when I run (midfoot strike) and I am able to run through it which is good. I also am unable to find any pain anywhere pushing with my fingers. Good I'm assuming. My piriformis issue is still there but as I've been mentioning doesn't cause any problems, especially when I midfoot strike. It does tingle when I heel strike however. Midfoot or heel strike there is a snake on both ends! 

I was stuck on the treadmill the past two days but back outside tomorrow. The only days I'm worried about are while we are traveling back from Scotland over Christmas. One day in particular, waking up in a hotel early with a sleeping toddler can be tough to get a run in, then drive most if the day? Well I guess it comes down to priorities right? Night runs are tough to motivate for but all I need is three miles or 25 minutes. I guess I'll deal with it when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment