Friday, July 18, 2014

One week to go

Well here we go. The final week before Lakeland 100. I'm in full taper mode, running very little, riding my bike more. Slowly accumulating gear and finalizing plans etc. More thoughts on this later.

I'm actually pretty relaxed about the whole thing and not worried. I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll do what I can. My strongest trait is the most important, staying calm and positive. I've been meditating more, visualizing more. Physically the few weeks running up to the race nothing I do (or did) will help so I focused my training on what will help, getting my head straight.

rainy canal run
Anyway, a brief thunderstorm this morning on an easy 5 miler. I felt good mentally. Physically a bit sluggish, which was expected, despite easily running 6:50 miles.






No comments:

Post a Comment