Friday, December 26, 2014

Hernia and race plans

After a frustrating doctor visit I'm in a better mood. Shit happens. Deal with it.

I've been frustrated since any training I do now will only go away once I've had surgery so I haven't ran in nearly a week. Well I guess if I can run I should just to hang on and keep building my base. 

I got in touch with a friend who had the same thing happen. He trained and raced through his hernia, with excellent results, up until his surgery. This looked to be about a 4-5 month span! Post surgery he was training, although lightly, within 4 weeks. Back to normal after 3 months and he said he was pretty conservative just to be safe. 

Looking ahead, I've got other race options. I'm already in Lakeland 100 in late July (maybe too soon?). The Cotswold Way, which I skipped this past fall, is an option too. Both will keep me in good standing for qualifying for other things in the future. I've yet to look at other marathon options but I'm sure they're out there. A sub 3 or better yet 2:45 would be nice to see. 

No idea about GUCR. It all depends on when this surgery happens. How I recover. And who knows what else. Honestly I've yet to think positively about it because I'm assuming it's not happening. Give me a few days to think it over and I'm sure I'll post about it.

So as of now I'm going to get back running as this thing will allow. Calisthenics are on hold. I may experiment a bit because I'm sure there are some I can do. On we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment