Monday, June 22, 2015

Exhaustion builds.

Every night I attempt to go to sleep as soon as possible. Thursday nights I've got JKD but otherwise there is really no excuse to stay up once my nightly chores are done and I feel I'm prepared for the morning. 

Usually I shoot for 9pm but the wife and I have been enjoying a couple beers which drags on until 930 or 10. And every morning we kick ourselves as the accumulation of interrupted sleep seems to build with more than one recovery night needed to catch up.

Every night I'm woke at 3am by the little dude's noises, then every 30 - 45 minutes thereafter until 5 or 530am when he's up and smiling. Pretty sure it's teething or maybe just a bit unsettled and then goes back to sleep. Or he bangs and kicks the crib rolling over. Either way I guess I'm a light sleeper as he keeps me out of solid sleep ALL NIGHT LONG. 

I think I remember this with our daughter and it goes on until they are in their own room. Pretty sure when we move house he's getting his own room. Maybe I'll get my mornings back too? 

So my recovery situation has been less than ideal but I just feel sleep deprived, not overtrained, so I just need to keep fitting in the miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment