Monday, June 15, 2015

Training thoughts.

Running is moving along pretty good it seems. I'm taking full advantage of the Chariot and the three days I have to watch only the little dude. 13 plus mile runs with 1300 vertical feet are the norm which is actually better than my normal routine. The pace is always pretty quick since that thing really is hard to run slow with. 




Running on the Wyre I cover at least half of the half marathon course. The rest is too bumpy for the Chariot. I think I'll go into that race with confidence having the opportunity to train there. Getting pretty psyched for it. Only downside is I've got a JKD grading the day before which could be kind of taxing, I think it will be at least four hours long. 




The biggest benefit are the hills. I've been really looking at my descending form. So many races here guys just pull away from me going down. That needs to stop. The pressure to go fast is on with the Chariot as it wants to take off forcing me to keep up, so the down seems to be improving which is nice.




As with anything involving kids my training schedule will fluctuate so I need to take advantage of what I've got. My daughter is at home for a while and not at day care for a stint mid summer so the Wyre Forest training will take a break and I'll shift to night running again I'd guess. May be a good thing to have a change? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment