Friday, August 26, 2016

It's been nearly 8 weeks since I ran last. I'm feeling "the want" again which is very nice! As much as I enjoy running I've realized I'll never be a year round runner, I need a break, at least now in my life I do. My toe injury persists which makes it easy to take time off from running. It seems to be getting better so hopefully it's healing. Barefoot at JKD doesn't help but is a good test to see how it is.

My daughter starts school in couple weeks which will give me five days a week with opportunity to run with the little guy in the Chariot during the day. He still naps and still gets up early so mornings are off limits unless I opt for a 4am wake up which is a possibility. 

It's a good thing that I'll have multiple options for running when I decide to start up again!

I've been doing my calisthenics routine a few days a week focusing on pull ups with a goal of 20 static pull ups in a row. I'm currently doing 15-17 reps over about 5 sets which I'm pretty happy about. Playing around with clutch flags as much as I can at the playground, they're getting much much better also. I'm exploring more and different exercises I can do with the kids around too. 

I've got a Jeet Kune Do grading coming up in October and have been really focusing everyday on my curriculum. I figure even if it's 10 minutes it's better than none. Usually that 10 turns into 30 or more once I get started which is pretty cool. 

Nothing else really going on. No new pictures since I'm not out running either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment