Monday, January 16, 2017

Back at it

Week 24 was a success. I managed two solid interval sessions, I considered three but figured it best to do two rather than risk injury. I haven't ran like that in over twenty years! I always doubt if I put in enough effort but I'm pretty confident I did. When post workout you feel dizzy the rest of the day I must've done it right!

run to work from car, Worcester

The rest of the week was easier runs at whatever distance I could fit in. When I go to work I usually get a good run during my lunch break and I can pad my commute with a couple extra miles if I need too. Sunday I was fortunate enough to get out for 13 miles along the River Severn late afternoon. Miserable day and super muddy but it was nice to run in the light.

Severn Way
I finished the week off with 40 miles total. Pretty much right where I want to be now. In the future I'd like to get 60 - 70 mile weeks in, something I've only hit a few times in the past. I think this could be the key to success for me now. I've been doing calisthenics as usual too. Nothing extensive, just taking it easy, sure would hate to get a hernia again! This strength work is super important to keep my durability up over long distances. 

another run commute in to work

My back issues seem to have subsided which is a relief. I was really worried about that. So it looks like I just need to keep healthy and continue one day at a time fulfilling my training plan and staying focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment