Tuesday, January 10, 2017

24 Weeks

As of yesterday I have 24 weeks until WS100. Today I officially started training with a fairly difficult interval session on the treadmill. Treadmill? Yep! The little guy just doesn't want me to train I guess! He's been up around 5am the past couple days, however previous to that he had my hopes high, a consistent 7 days or so of 630am! While he naps, if he naps, I can get an hour to an hour and a half on the treadmill in. It gets the job done well on incline but gets pretty damn boring for more than an hour. 

The point of training right now is to increase my engine size so intervals are the main component, not necessarily long runs. So, for now I can deal with the lack of time. Later though when I need miles finding time will be tough. For now I'm taking it one day at a time and not worrying about the upcoming months, the kid sleep routine can and will change.

Another thing that is going to make June interesting is I'll most likely be testing in Jeet Kune Do for my Phase 10, the equivelant to black belt. The test is two parts, the first is around 4-5 hours of a normal phase test covering the curriculum from Phase 1 - 9. This I believe is June 10. The second part is in July I think and covers only Phase 10 curriculum with I believe a whole lot of sparring! There is a possibility it could conflict with WS100, if so WS will obviously take top priority. 

One day at a time, and lots of coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment