Friday, February 2, 2018

Half Marathon, tiredness


A few screenshots from the official race photographer! The Wyre Forest Wizard Half Marathon went about as good as it could. I ran 15 miles on Friday and was expecting a miserable muddy course, which it was as you can see in the photos. Those underfoot conditions were about 90% of the course. The footing limited how fast you could go and days later my feet still are sore from attempting to stay upright. 


I ended up 2nd place and about 20 minutes behind my "summer course" time! Granted the summer course is a bit different, and usually significantly dryer, the mud was the main cause of slow times. Not even really aggressive shoes would've made a difference. Overall a fun race, a great workout (the main goal, but I'll likely not do it again!  



I feel I'm still holding on to some sort of illness. An overall tired feeling all the time, could just be British winter too, but I doubt it! Also a very mild cough and runny nose. Seems similar to what I had last winter but a bit milder, that hung on for 8 weeks. I wish it would go away as I'm ready to have my routine back but I feel weak. I feel like I've been saying that for a month. I'm trying to mainly focus on running, then dribble in a bit of JKD and calisthenics to keep the strength up but it's tough.

I thought I had something else to spew about but it's slipped my mind. Injuries are there but seem to be just that, "there." Today, Friday, I'm anticipating a 15 miler while the little guy is at preschool in the morning, then a scramble to get things organized and together before the kids come home. Tomorrow I'd like 15 again spread between 10 early morning and 5 at work. Still shooting for 40 miles this week but with the wife out for work, general tiredness, night running, it's been kind of a struggle this week so I'm "behind" in time. I'll make it happen though.   

No comments:

Post a Comment