Friday, April 5, 2019

Paddy Buckley Recce Weekend!

Quick update. Not been running nearly as much as I'd like due to a bit of plantar fasciitis but still doing alright. I think it came on from my weight routine. Too much to soon. Shame as I was loving doing it. So I've taken a step back and been trying to work out this nasty knot I've got in my calf.

Tonight I leave for North Wales to run 2/3 of the Paddy Buckley Round. Couldn't stay through Monday to do the final 1/3 but I'll take what I can get. I'm really psyched, just hope we have decent weather. There's a reason why world class mountaineers train up there in the winter, the conditions can be horrible. Currently there's snow up high but it looks to be not too bad as does the forecast.

We're staying at a hostel in Pen y Pass just below Snowdon, the highest point in Wales, and about dead center of the entire route. We're planning to start Saturday at Aberglaslyn (Nantmoor) in the south west and run to Llanberis in the north west. Then Sunday Llanberis to Capel Curig which is in the north east. This MAP shows those points. I wanted to show a map that is a bit more detailed because some sections are really rugged and it's not really running and more like climbing along exposed ridges but didn't really have time too. Dig around on the web for images if you like!       

No comments:

Post a Comment