Friday, November 1, 2019

Lottery Season has Begun

Lottery season has begun. A classic race I’ve always wanted to do since moving here I may try to have a shot at. The West Highland Way Race. 95 miles following the West Highland Way from Milngavie (Glasgow) to Fort William, Scotland. 

It’s unique as it requires each runner to have a two person crew with a car. The crew I believe is required to follow you the entire race and provide all support. One person must be able to run, if needed, I think the final 40 miles with you. This is the main reason I’ve passed on it. I like to be able to do it myself, it’s just logistically easy considering my situation here with no running friends and a family.



One funny thing is there’s a West Highland Way Challenge Race as well! A fully supported, easily accessible to solo runners, race that follows the exact same course. Why? Well if you read the “Challenge Race” website it sounds like two race directors from the “Race” website had a falling out so one started a more inclusive race called the “Challenge Race.” Even though it’s the same course etc. it seems the “Race” is still seen as more important which makes sense being the original. 

Something to look forward to I guess. If chosen I’ve got a month I believe to confirm and pay or let it lapse and lose my spot, no money lost. So I see that time period as a chance to round up two people to crew. 

Here’s the race links if interested:

“Challenge Race”


“Race”


And one for the West Highland Way:



No comments:

Post a Comment