Saturday, January 1, 2022

I think we’re back on track. I’ve been running over a week now post having Covid. I’ve still got a very minor cough but managed a 20 miler the other day. I felt ok all things considered. I just need a little more consistency to get my legs back in the game after having nearly two weeks off running. 


A wreath on top of the trig point on Stagborough Hill

Nearing the end of the holidays is nice. It will be good to be back into a routine. I rarely drink and eat extremely well when I’ve got a routine and schedule. Holidays that all goes to shit. I drink beer, eat out, etc and the wheels seem to start to fall off, but I usually get by. 



I’ve got a few more long runs until I taper and honestly I’m ready for it! I’ve confirmed a crew for the Arc of Attrition as well. The guy I ran and finished with in the Cotswold Century lives in Cornwall and offered to help. He knows the area and the course which will be a huge help. That’s the crazy thing about this sport, helping out these random acquaintances is a big deal that people are usually really excited to do! My wife is considering taking the kids out of school to come down as well, but honestly that’s a big undertaking so I understand if she doesn’t. 




It’s been abnormally warm here and I’ve been keeping a close eye on the long term weather in Cornwall. It would be great if it was warm as my one fear is getting cold hands and not being able to easily open food when I’m racing! 

A few more days and back to routine. 


Excellent conditions for training! Super muddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment