Wednesday, April 26, 2023


St. Leonard’s Church Cemetery 

Kind of hanging in limbo right now. The excessive life stress seems to have subsided. I’m not exhausted all the time which must be a good sign. I had a fairly solid week of running last week and I seem to be on track for the same this week. Still not 100% though. Could be that my son wakes up a couple times a night scared of some outside noise disturbing a solid night sleep. I also have yet another mild cough. Just can’t get a break this winter/spring. 


Fish ladder outside of Worcester on River Severn

I feel like I need something to focus on, an event. I’ve yet to find it though and am scared to commit seeing how my training has been and most importantly how I’ve been feeling. I’ve been considering a fastest known time (FKT) attempt on the Worcestershire Way. I think I could beat the current time however since no one has tried it unsupported I’d get that FKT for sure. FKT’s can done supported, self supported, or unsupported. It’s only 30 miles so could even do it during school hours. A thought, but you miss out on the community experience since it would be me running alone. Benefit though is it’s free! I’d just need to get a train ticket home. There’s also the out and back FKT on it, 60 miles, and the current record is really soft. 15 hours I think! That would be very easy to get. I don’t know. Ideas I guess. 


Severn Way near Bewdley

I yearn for adventure. Spring trips to the desert or to access spring backcountry skiing with friends. An escape to a warmer locale. Just missing that old life I guess. Social media poisons the mind. 


Worcestershire Way sign in Bewdley very near the start



No comments:

Post a Comment