Sunday, April 30, 2023

What next? I keep coming back to this question when it comes to running ultras. Is it really a 200 mile race for me? I guess I’d always talked about Tor des Geants. That’s what that is! It’s intimidating due to the mountain factor, the vert involved, not necessarily the distance. There are other races in this category now. Moab 240, Tahoe 200, Cocodona 250. All three in cool places that I’ve either lived or spent a significant amount of time. But, they are too far from England where I live. The races are expensive to begin with then add on travel. Oof! Too much! I look closer to the UK and you’ve got races such as the Spine here but it seems the one to do is in winter. Wet. Dark. Cold. Doesn’t really interest me. A new 200 near London launches this summer I believe but just not into the scenery. Maybe I return to chasing the Tor? Or maybe I save my money on the expensive entry and travel to a 100 miler in the US? I’d love to run Leadville or even run Superior again! 

I feel as if my head is becoming straight again and I’m excited about ultra racing and training again. I followed along the live stream of Canyons 100 in Auburn, CA yesterday and it was inspiring. Followed that up with some Billy Yang YouTube video of OCC at UTMB from August. I was there. And the experience was awesome! I want that again!

Fired up again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment