Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Finally committed to North Downs Way 100. Signed up this morning. Race is August 5th. I think I’m back on track with training, doing weekly 20 milers at least and feeling good. It’s the least focused training I’ve done in a long time so could be interesting. I guess I have ran 100’s on far far less! Hoping to do a weekly tempo session on the treadmill too. 

My right quad has been giving me issues but I usually can massage the problem away. I think it’s a recurring muscle issue so being aggressive on it works. No idea where it comes from. I had the same issue years back and it got so bad I couldn’t run at all. Just need to keep on top of it.

Long runs have been very enjoyable lately. Super easy meanders exploring the Wyre Forest. That place has an insane amount of illegal singletrack from bikes and it’s super fun! Really would love to have time to learn it well. Weather has been gray and in the 60’s, it’s alright, can’t complain since it’s not raining, however the “heatwave” in the 80’s we had was really nice! 

Anyway here’s a pile of photos:


Hot sunny day during our heat wave.


Overgrown summer trails.





Rockslide from storms.





Overgrown field covering footpath.


Evening run


Cleaned my shoes, I guess I like Hoka:  Mafate Speed, Challenger, Tecton X





Wyre Forest, love the ferns here








No comments:

Post a Comment