Monday, July 31, 2023

Race week is here. I’m hardly running which is the strangest feeling. I’m getting antsy to run which is usually a good sign. Theoretically I’m ready to run. My training has been ample. My hotel is booked for Friday night, just need to commit to train tickets. 



New shoes arrived at work the other day and are feeling excellent. I’m hoping to use them for the entire race. No shoe change this time. I usually change after 50 miles but at UTMB I didn’t feel it was necessary so I may attempt only a sock change. These are the Hoka Tecton X2, I raced in the Tecton X at UTMB. 

I’ve got some nutrition on the way and will probably get a few things from work as well. I’m running with VeloForte chews, mainly because they have a high carbohydrate content, and probably some Clif Bloks as well. Otherwise I’ll supplement from aid stations. There are 13 and the finish, all around 5-10 miles apart, only a few long ones at 9-10 miles apart. 

Fingers crossed for no rain but whatever happens happens. 

This should be the link to the live tracking, race start 7am UK time. 

Race Info in general, Centurion Running North Downs Way 100:


As infrequent as I blog I figured I’d get this up before I forget! Goals? Well my safety is always number one. I’d be ecstatic with an 18 hour finish. That being said, I play “pacing games” for these races looking at what’s possible ahead of time, and I never seem to get it right! Theoretically 18 hours with quick aid station stops should be totally do able. Looking at my race and training history I should be capable of it. But in the moment a lot of factors can come in to play so we shall see. In comparison to UTMB a top twenty finish should be expected unless I have a totally miserable day. Off we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment