Thursday, October 4, 2012

Injuries, Brecon Beacons, South Downs Way

Well the ibuprofen and ice seems to be working well for this odd injury. It's still there but at least I'm running. Put in 10 plus miles this morning and it was alright the entire time, noticeable, but I could deal with it.

Considering that the next few weeks are key workout times for this up coming Brecons Ultra I figure I may as well run on through this and either end up pulling out at the last minute or make my leg worse and finish with a possibly slower expectation. I was really down about it the other day but had a think and have re-focused. It is winter time and the only races I had planned on doing were cross-country and about 8 miles. Not super important, more fun to do than anything. Any longer races won't begin until April so I could easily take an extended time off to 100% heal up before the races I am really excited about begin.

I move forward. Ice. Ibuprofen. Compression. Elevation. But no rest! I can justify not resting and keeping up running: it stretches out my injury. Which may be true actually, who knows.

The promoter that puts on the North Downs Way race I did also does a South Downs Way race. This year they are adding a 50 mile which I think I may do, it was originally only a 100. It's in April and the South Downs Way national trail follows the southern coastline. I've never been down there before so this race seems like a good opportunity to check it out. I'm not sure of the course yet but I would guess it's the first 50 miles of the trail. So, slowly I figure out my race schedule for 2013!  

No comments:

Post a Comment