Sunday, October 28, 2012

Knee, fall colors, and long runs

So I stretched the hell out of my knee (mainly my hamstring), worked on the mobility of it, rolled it, took some ibuprofen. Then Sunday went on a run with a friend from Wolverhampton.

12 miles in the Wyre Forest. Very nice day for a run but I wish I would have wore my trail shoes, pretty muddy and I could have used the traction. All the leaves are or have changed which made it a great scenic run. Temperatures were warmer than I thought they would be. I kind of miss running the Wyre Forest, so many options for loops, singletrack, fire road. And unfortunately no camera so no photos! Sorry.

And the knee actually felt good! That was a relief. Maybe the 5 days off from running and then the stretch session helped out. I don't think it helped out my training though for Brecon Beacons. This morning I'm kind of sore which worries me about the 45 mile race! So this week I need to hammer out a huge week, at least over next weekend, and that's all I can do. This is the final bit of training that may help, then it's too close to the race.

Hoping to run to work next Saturday, about 17 to 19 miles on the Severn Way to Worcester. Then Sunday maybe another 20 - 30. It will hurt, I'll be tired, but give me an idea how I'll feel in this race. I think I'm going to be a "completer" versus a "competer".  

No comments:

Post a Comment