Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Back in the UK, injured

Well I've been back here in the UK for about a week now and have yet to get back into a routine mainly because of the little one. First I thought it was jet lag, then her final canine tooth, but not really sure. Last night was my first full night of sleep for quite some time which was nice.

However my normal early morning routine hasn't been working since the little one has decided to stay up late and sleep in, thus I've been too tired to get up! I have been running as my IT band allows me ( up to a staggering 4 miles!) and then hitting my wind trainer which has been a life saver. Today I got on the treadmill while the little one slept, I made it a mile before 1. she woke up and 2. surprisingly my knee started up! So I think the little one's actions that have not been allowing me to run are for good reason, she knows I need to give my knee a break. I've been doing all sorts of body weight exercises, stretching, rolling, etc. to strengthen any weaknesses and ease the pain. Still unsure of where this ITB issue arose from.

The few short runs I've been on have been great and I want MORE. Really psyched on the Brooks Pure Grit shoes I've been running in and want some Pure Floats, too bad I get shut down after a few miles. I'm actually kind of worried about the 50 miler I'm signed up for in April, with these injuries I'm kind of running out of time for training.

Well, I'll try to keep up on the fitness with the bike and hope for the best soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment