Thursday, January 3, 2013

MN


Well we've been in Minnesota for over a week now and it's been a great visit. Snow and cold has been welcome, I miss it a lot. The wife being from the UK loves it as well.

IT band still acting up but luckily we're in ski country so I've been nordic skiing more which is my favorite sport in the friggin' world. Too bad the UK sucks for nordic skiing. I was hoping to fit in my foam roller for the IT band but there was no way it was coming along and of course with all the activity here stretching has been put on the sidelines as well. Maybe some time off the feet running will help. The other knee seems to be ok since I haven't really felt it lately so we shall see. What's with this scourge of knee issues lately? Hope they go away by the time we return to the UK.

more frozen beard


It's been damn cold a couple mornings so I've been thankful for my beard! The temps have made for excellent fast ski conditions. Wish I had my race classic skis still, the waxing conditions in the cold are perfect now! The fish scales have sufficed though and the skating excellent as always.

Been doing a lot of body weight exercises too based around the Convict Conditioning ideas as well as Al Kavadlo's "Raising The Bar". Both kick ass books. I may touch on that more later but check them out! There really is no need to go to the gym to get some great benefits.

As with any holiday season the eating and drinking has been elevated. I'm not sure if it's affected me at all but whatever. You've got to have fun when the opportunity arises. I miss the bar food over here in the US, the UK just doesn't come close to the offerings here!

So just a brief update. Having a ton of fun over here will be sad to go as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment