Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Out of commission.

I've just about got a post about Lakeland 100 done. It's so difficult to recall the race and then trying to find the time to do it, and do it right, has been seemingly impossible. I keep viewing time on my iPad as wasting time, which most of the time it is! 

I've ran maybe four times since the race but have been on my bike a lot. I was fine initially and had a couple solid runs, 8 miles at sub 7 minute mile pace, feeling really good. Then out of nowhere my right foot started causing me problems and I have yet to solve it. I can run maybe 2 miles and I'm reduced to a walk. It's the top of my foot and when it doesn't hurt I can't pinpoint any direct pain or cause. Heat and ibuprofen seem to help, ice makes it worse, massage/stretching does nothing, cycling also can mildly aggravate it. I can't get it to hurt walking all day. Frustrating. 

So depression sets in. Cycling doesn't even really help. Mentally I just feel like all the hardwork I've put in is slipping away. Any hope of running UTMB is going away, any hope of doing well or even starting the Cotswold Century too. And I feel like I'm going to let my co-workers down for the Worcester Duathlon. 

The ups and downs of the the things I love to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment