Monday, September 1, 2014

Planning ahead for once

So I went and did it. Entries for 2015 Lakeland 100 opened today. I registered for the 100. I believe it filled in 30 minutes. I figured I'll need a big race to keep up any sort of qualifying for other races (like Western States 100) and LL100 is the main race here in the UK. So if I don't get into UTMB for 2015 I've got something big, fun, and familiar planned. Considered the LL50 as a lead up to UTMB but then I'd lose the opportunity to qualify for other events, plus UTMB isn't guaranteed. If by chance I get into UTMB I'll most likely do both, the altitude and mountains will be extremely hard to train for here so just finishing will be the main focus. 

I ran all of last week with minimal pain in my foot, even had a hard 8 miler Saturday which I felt great for. Cotswold is coming up in four weeks, still unsure of the foot for that distance but if it doesn't happen not much I can do about it. Glad I'm in LL100 so if UTMB doesn't happen I've have a back up, even if it isn't a new race that was a great event. 


No comments:

Post a Comment