Sunday, November 2, 2014

Not sure where I'm at on this thing, usually all over the place, but it's off season for me! 

Lots has happened recently. Skipped Cotswold Century as my wife was way too pregnant to justify it, we had the baby, my parents were over to visit, and sleep deprivation has been top notch! So it's been super busy.

Previous to the time off I'd been enjoying running in the Brooks PureFlow 3 which was a new shoe for me. It just fit better than the Cadence 3 so I went with it. 

Am near to registering for the Grand Union Canal Race lottery, I'm really excited about this race, the demeanor of the race director is hilarious. Sure hope I get in. 

Anyway, starting to get the itch to train now after about a month off. Received some running toys from the kick ass crew at Alpenglow Sports in Tahoe City, CA as well. 

Getting back to any sense of normalcy and routine will take a bit I think. I had a kick ass routine going before the new baby arrived. I'm back at my calisthenics which has been a challenge to stick with. I'm exhausted by the time my 3 year old is in bed and she demands so much attention now with the baby around its hard to fit it in throughout the day. Before the baby arrived I had be meditating every day for 98 days straight. That milestone disappointingly was lost. Oh well, I'll just need to start over soon. I'd also been working on my JKD 5 nights a week for 30 minutes after my daughter went to sleep, this should be fairly easy to get back into. The hardest thing will be running. It's selfish, it takes time away from the house, but I'm ready to train again. Even if I'm stuck on the treadmill in the garage I'll be happy as it's a start. Feeding the baby the middle of the night has been taking its toll on me. I'm exhausted all the time, so getting out early like I normally do isn't really feasible as I need the sleep. I think this is the week to start though, it's go time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment