Friday, March 27, 2015

First day back at JKD

Last night I attended my first day back at JKD since surgery. Actually went really well. I was a bit hesitant at first since so much of my core is used in all aspects of martial arts but today I'm fine. We warm up with sprinting in place, push ups, sit ups, burpees, etc. and it all felt good which was a relief. Most of the hour was Silat takedowns finishing in arm bars/breaks. The dynamic movements and being thrown to the ground definitely made me take it easier than normal but I'm very happy with how I'm feeling today. The actual surgery site didn't hurt at all, mainly the muscles above the scar hurt, kind of a sore muscle/cramp feeling. 

Outside of the surgery pain I sure am happier now mentally doing something physical. Damn have I been down. Sure am looking forward to running soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment