Saturday, March 28, 2015

First run back post surgery

So yesterday the opportunity arose and I took it. The wife didn't realize I had the day off, which I told her in December, so she had plans to take the kids to a friends for the morning. Thîs gave me the morning! Yee haw! Free time! 

I had booked the day off and had signed up for a short martial arts seminar but luckily had some spare time. So, I went for a run. First time back post surgery. I felt decent and took it super easy keeping my heart rate at low MAF. In December that was maybe 7:30 minute mile pace for 8 miles. Yesterday I ran just under 9 minutes for 3.5 miles. So I've lost a shit ton of fitness as I'd expected. But with no events in site I just need to take it easy, heal up, and rebuild avoiding injury.

Today my legs are a little sore. I was noticeably tired yesterday afternoon. My hernia is a bit more sore than normal this morning but I'm not too concerned. I'm just happy to be getting out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment