Tuesday, September 1, 2015

For the past month I've ran once per week. I knew this would happen as it's nearly impossibly for me to motivate to run at night (plus the wife's "eye roll" doesn't help) and with the little one not away at day care I can't run with the Chariot. 

In a week this will change since school starts and I'll have two days per week available to take the Chariot out to the Wyre Forest. I'm hoping this will help me hold fitness for a while until my son decides to consistently sleep past 6am. For the past 4 months or longer I've been saying "he'll shift soon," which he has but not long enough or with any consistency to run in the morning. As I write this I've been anchored down with him since 430am, refusing to sleep in his crib, only on me! 

I figure if I can hold down three solid runs per week minimum I should be able to stay happy, stay fit, not get burnt out, and maybe even build a bit more on my base. Just seeing my recent performance it's obvious that consistency is the key factor. I doubted myself but everything fell into place.

The kids have been full on lately. My day begins between 430 - 6am (usually 6) and ends at 8pm. If one decides to sleep I entertain the other. There are no breaks for me. Any spare time during the day is filled with daily chores; laundry, dishes, food prep. I figure if I can keep the TV off I've done my job. 

Planning ahead I've entered the South Downs Way 100 for next June, it fills up fast. I had registered and pulled out once before so I'll try again. It's in the south of England put on by Centurion Running who put on an excellent show. I've also never been down there, it's a qualifier for many other things, and worth 4 UTMB points, oh, and of course it's on the WS100 list.  The Malvern Hills Ultra lines up perfectly with SDW100 for training (50 miles and it's local). I think I'd had this sequence planned in the past. Also with most likely a Minnesota trip planned for July I might see if I can get into one of the Afton Trail Races - 25km or 50km I think. Big might!  I'd love to revisit the Snowdonia 50 also. 

I always seem to have big plans but they are always in flux!

Any of the UTMB races are out for next year. With not running the Cotswold Century I won't have the points. Oh well, my turn will come.

Anyway, Snowdonia race report is close to being done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment