Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tired miles

Lately it feels as if I'm on the edge of physical failure. I'm running the training miles I want to, and at a decent pace, but I'm tired seemingly all the time.

With a rather stout Jeet Kune Do grading the other day, the extra training leading up to it, this cold/cough/virus/lurgee that I've had forever STILL hanging on, and kids interrupting sleep I feel like I need time off. Like I'm pushing too much.

Life stress has been adding up. I've even been watching movies on the treadmill! Is this the beginning of the end? The treadmill? Lack of motivation to get outside? I don't know.

Well this is kind of what I think. However  when on the 'mill I'm forced into a recovery heart rate zone, forced to go easy. As opposed to outside when it's easy to go fast and I have difficulty going easy. 

I'm going to ride it out and hope these "easy" treadmill runs will allow me to keep to my goal mileage but not over tax my body. I truly think it's lack of recovery due to not enough rest. 

I most likely will do 3-5 miles tonight and tomorrow I'm on the Wyre Forest pushing the little guy in the chariot for maybe 13. Tomorrow night then can be an early night hopefully and I can get some rest. Hopefully. 

Next week I'm planning on upping my mileage to 50 mile weeks which will take some time management and tolerance from the wife. Sure was nice when I could run in the mornings! I'd be home after a 17 miler and no one knew I was gone! 

Just need to remind myself that recovery is a HUGE part of process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment