Monday, March 21, 2016

And the streak ends. I made it 110 days. Then family life destroyed it. A stressful weekend in and out of the hospital, sleepless nights, little support, and I pulled the plug. I had time. I had the want. But just decided I should focus on something new I guess. I was doing it for myself, not for anyone else. Funny though as the wife didn't even notice.

Running in general is stressing me out. It's my only escape from everything so it's necessary but I'm putting too much pressure on myself considering my life right now. I think I do this because it's the last shred of "me" that is left since moving here. I want to do a few races just to get out and see things but I'm not a tourist, I want to be competitive. 

Training at night is an enormous pain in the ass and it's all or none. I can't rotate it with morning runs. The wife claims she'll get up early so I can run but I need it consistent which it won't be. 

I guess I just need to be patient and maybe someday I'll get some morning time back. 

It's actually odd. I didn't get to run on the Wyre with the Chariot today and now the streak is over I just don't care. Before I'd be excited to get out at night, now there is no immediate goal. 

I skipped JKD too. Just exhausted. Unmotivated. I thought I had it in me to be "that guy." You know the one who does it all, happy all the time. I guess I must have been wrong. Maybe I should just sit on my ass, eat like shit, watch tv. I'd probably have friends then. That's where I've been wrong. 

Off to Scotland this Thursday and I've been told I'll have time to run so hopefully I'll get at least one solid run in and get away to see something and take some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment