Monday, March 28, 2016

Last chance to run in Scotland

And as I should've expected big plans turn into nothing. I really enjoy visiting the Isle of Arran. The company always provides good conversation but due to family I'm left hanging like a dog staring out the window. I had the opportunity to get out but conditions weren't the greatest. From now on I need to take that open window no matter what.

Loch Garbad
I ran up to Loch Garbad again making sure I beat the French guy with the King Of the Mountain on Strava on the way up. I did, however Strava hasn't granted me the win yet. Hmmmm. I returned the opposite side of the creek and went all the way down to the sea as I did the other day.



A few stops to enjoy the sun, take some photos, and soon I was at the sea. The sun was out yet I was still sprinkled with rain. The temps were warm enough for short sleeves however with the long downhill and the wind sleeves were much welcome.


I hopped on the Arran Coastal Trail and ran the rocky shoreline toward Bennan Head. The tide was in so I'd have to cut my run short as the trail is nearly impassable at high tide. I almost got to Bennan Head but needed to stop to chat with the seals.




Nearly knee deep in mud a few times so I opted for an impromptu bath in one of the waterfalls to ease the shower destruction at my mother-in-laws! With the time change here in the UK hopefully a little more light will motivate. I love runnng trails. 








No comments:

Post a Comment