Sunday, December 11, 2016

Streaking, lack of time

The Marcothon streak continues. I've ran three miles minimum everyday so far in December. Majority of the runs have been just that. I've got a loop that I've been enjoying most nights. Step out the door and tear off a quick three, I'm done. Also been hitting the treadmill while the little guy sleeps during the day. It's fun to go fast, I've really been pushing the pace which will pay off when I start going longer.

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to actual training next month. The little guy persists with his inconsistent morning wake ups and night running totally f'ing sucks. Nothing worse than trying to motivate after a long shit ass day. I've considered 345-4am wake ups in order to get a morning run, that is if the little guy becomes consistent waking at 6am. I can nap when he naps then or attempt more miles. It becomes insanely difficult to motivate at night for longer runs and I can feel the "eye roll" from my wife when I consistently go out at night, the only time we have together. 

But, a positive stands tall above the negative! I also have the Chariot Monday through Friday which I think will be a life saver once again. I get hilly terrain! It's light out! It's fairly consistent! It's bad ass cranking out 6 minute miles with! It makes old people smile! I hope it inspires other parents who see me! 

I dream of having consistent focused training time. I dream of being able to "compete" and not just focus on "completing." I hate to say it but maybe I missed that time in my life, I didn't realise (god damn "s," autocorrect keeps changing it to UK English, I hate that!) what was going on and the time and resources I had. I've never focused on anything, just went along with the crowd. Now I'm older and my eyes are opened I have no time. I guess I'll have to be "that guy"' who makes it happen despite lack of free time.

Git 'er done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment