Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Rest now, heal up, train later. Streak is over.

I've made it 19 days no problem on my December streak. I think I'm done though. No complaints about time constraints with family, tiredness, sickness, etc. No bitching like I'd expect from myself. It's just the intelligent thing to do. Train smarter, not more. Time to rest. 

Four weeks ago I was playing with my 2 year old son, crawling all over the floor getting crazy. The next day my lower back was sore. I expected it to go away after a few days, it didn't. I could and still can run with no pain however I figure it best to give it full rest. The dull ache comes and goes. Heat and ice both help. 

I need to be 100% for the next six months. Time constraints, sick kids, sick me, etc. The list of challenges I already face is daunting. I need to fix what I can now and be ready to train in January.

Time to drink beer. Bloody Mary's. White and Black Russians. Eat bacon (thanks to my older brother and sister!) And sit in the ghetto hot tub. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment