Friday, April 28, 2017

Been kind of mentally down this week. I can't shake this foot/lower leg injury or "niggle" as they'd call it here in the UK. I took Monday and Tuesday off from running, got out Wednesday and felt absolutely on fire except for this damn injury. Last night at Jeet Kune Do we were doing Thai Boxing drills, they didn't really help the healing process either I guess!

Today seems positive though. I've been icing it like crazy, keeping it elevated, and so far so good. "Rest" days are never as "restful" as I'd like since I'm a stay at home dad but fortunately it was a rainy day so I had an excuse to take a step back. I think I've accepted a rest week and no big miles just to heal up. I hate doing that, it always seems counterproductive, but I just need to remind myself that rest is when you get stronger and it's a good thing.

oh how I miss the good people I met in Tahoe

I just saw these Instagram messages on my post from the other day: #seeyouinsquaw is the hashtag going around for Western States 100 (the race starts in Squaw Valley) however I think my friends who are farmers in Auburn topped that one with #seeyouinauburn! Auburn obviously being where they live and farm but also it being the finish of the race! I'm planning to stop by and sample some of their hardwork. If you're ever in Auburn, CA go buy their food: www.foothillrootsfarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment