Sunday, October 6, 2019

Had an easy last week of about 30 miles, slept well all week for the most part and didn’t do any early runs, only to and from work. Back to ramping up my miles this week though. 



Perpetual November is arriving. Rain and around 50 this morning. Didn’t wear my rain jacket or gloves so arrived home after 8 miles wearing a soaked wind jacket and hands near crab claw status. I still need to find a decent waterproof glove. 


Metal pulled from canal. People “fish” for goodies with a rope and hook.

Had some enjoyable runs in Worcester after work. Also got soaking wet from heavy rain a couple of them. One day it was slow so my boss let me go early. I managed an easy 8 miles back to the car exploring a bit more of the Birmingham Canal which was fun. 


Lock along the canal

Nothing exciting really, just gradually plugging in easy miles. Managing this plantar fasciitis which is gradually getting better. 



Starting to schedule more strength work focusing on muscular endurance so I make more of a consistent habit of it. Mostly easy leg work but adding weight to upper body stuff; pull ups, pushups, etc.. Adding weight and not going to failure trains your brain to recruit more muscle fibers, in return you add a ton of strength without adding mass. I’ll ease into the legs with this to avoid injury.



A brief post as I settle in mentally for the miserable season change!

No comments:

Post a Comment