Friday, May 8, 2020

4-4-48 Report #2

May 8 continued -

In the pre-run zoom chat people are talking about running for Ahmaud, the guy that was shot in the street while on a run because two assholes thought he was a burglar.  Wardian, with excitement in his eyes, suggests running an extra 2.23 miles for this cause making Friday a total of a marathon in distance. People are tired and don’t seem too enthusiastic about “more” when they could just use the 4 miles for both. I like the idea! 

4:00pm - 

It’s hot out but I’m feeling alright. I decide to hit the trails to avoid people as it’s crazy busy out due to the weather and also VE Day celebrations. I still see a fair amount of people but less. My leg is sore when I walk around but once I’m moving it’s better and doesn’t seem to hinder running. It’s getting me worried though. 

I return and most of the neighborhood is out having drinks and picnics in their driveways chatting away. It’s sad it took VE Day and Covid to get neighbors to get to know each other. The wife had a bottle of wine in her and got to know everyone which was pretty cool. 



8:00pm -

I miss the zoom chat due to dealing with kids. Still humid out and I’ve been sweating like crazy, it shows when I pee. It’s raining lightly as I head out the door. I follow my normal loop with plans to add the extra 2.23. Doing a bit of research I follow a 7 mile loop I’d done before that I can hopefully modify to meet my needs. There are people all over, drunk of course, and it appears the social distance has been reduced to 1 meter over the recommendation of 2! No surprise. I meander my way around and notice things I haven’t in the past, an interesting warning sign, the River Stour surrounded by willows, the light is looking good due to the rain moving on. I hit 4 miles and stop my run. 



I begin a separate run with intentions of hitting 2.23 and landing at home. A couple loops here and there I think I’ve got it. Of course in translation Strava reduces it to 2.20! 

I get home and try my best to cool off, eat, rehydrate, and get some sleep until midnight. Day 1 over. 







Kind of disappointed Polar didn’t record all of that running as 26.2, but hey what can you do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment