Friday, June 26, 2020


Holt Fleet Bridge over the River Severn 

So it's been maybe a week since we had to put our cat down. Well it just so happened that my wife stumbled across a kitten on a farm within a day. So, we now have a new kitten. And unfortunately we are having a heat wave. Upper 80's, into the 90's and humid. Bad time to have the windows and doors closed to prevent escape. Ugh. Anyway...... she’s a kitten, her name is Rosie, so you can't really complain.



I started work last week for a few days a week which has been great. Just nice to get out. The tiredness of working, early morning runs, martial arts, heat is adding up again. Sleep deprivation will always be my nemesis. Sleep is so insanely important but when you have to spend time with family and need to make time, well, you lose sleep. Mornings have been nice as always but I have started to sleep through my alarm. My routine is slipping as well. Running takes priority, martial arts, then strength work it seems lately. Strength routine has been on the back burner. It’s fascinating, all it takes is 20 minutes to get a solid workout in but when you’re exhausted and everyone wants your attention it goes away. I hate that. 


Nice country lane running, I need a gravel bike! Oh yeah, riding bikes takes time!

My previous injury seems to have gone. I haven't had any problems which has been fantastic. It's so nice to be injury free. I forgot how nice it is. I guess it's time then to do something dumb, like add in speed work, and tempt fate though! I'm just chugging away running easy, with no events in the immediate future that's about all there really is to do, easy miles. I do want to add in a speed session though! 


430am sunrise 

No comments:

Post a Comment