Friday, June 19, 2020

Unfortunately had to put one of our cats down today. He’d been hit by a car a few months back, survived, and was getting by despite crazy, unresolvable fluid retention in one leg. 


Shaky as a kitten

Yesterday I returned from a run and he was laying on the floor and meowing like crazy, he was obviously in pain. I managed to get him in the cat carrier and he bit the living shit out of my hand, very unlike him. 

The vets drugged him up and believe it was a trapped nerve, maybe from compartment syndrome from the fluid. Either way it seemed to be unable to be fixed. So  I got to go see him for the last time before they injected him and put him to sleep. 

I scratched his face one last time as he calmly went to sleep. He was always the first one to say good morning to me, and always listened to whatever I had to say. Definitely will miss him. 






No comments:

Post a Comment