Sunday, July 15, 2012

Looking back at Kidderminster

Well I got out for the long one. A modified plan and I definitely didn't avoid the wet as I was hoping! It didn't map out as long as I had hoped but the time I was out is good enough. Ended up running from Kidderminster to Ribbesford Wood via Devil's Spittleful. Then got on the Worcestershire Way trail and ran it to Abberley and back. Ended up being out for about 4.5 hours and did about 27 miles total.


Woke up about 430 but wasn't out the door until around 5 I think. Was actually a very nice morning; maybe upper 50's and partly cloudy. Didn't see one person the whole run! 


footpath through center of a field


Everywhere ended up being a sloppy muddy mess. I attempted to keep my shoes dry but once I went ankle deep in water it was over. All of the trails were slippery mud which wasn't fun in my road shoes but I made do. I guess it was a good test to see how my feet would react to being soaked. No problems at all from blisters which was nice.


looking up at Abberley Hill

clock tower and school

I also wasn't expecting to have such rolling terrain the whole way. A few really steep climbs at Abberley Hill that had be walked. Some cool creek crossings too, fortunately had foot bridges because they were raging pretty good from all the rain.



Overall a pretty good run. I ran about 15 miles yesterday and felt good this whole run. I only brought two bottles of water and 4 gels which I think was a little slim for food but it didn't affect me at all. Next time I'll need to bring more to be on the safe side. I also brought my iPod but never turned it on. Too much to look at I guess. On the way back I did miss a turn adding an extra half mile or so. I was definitely thinking a bit fuzzy by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment