Thursday, July 19, 2012

Off to a fairly decent week so far. Was a bit sore after Sunday as expected but really only felt it in my quads from the descents which was great! Monday the little one gave me time for a half hour on the trainer real easy which was a nice active recovery. Of course also busted out the foam roller for the legs too. I was pretty much totally recovered by Tuesday so went out for 8.5 miles, felt excellent. Hammered out the run in about an hour. Wednesday however with the wife out of town for work I opted for a day off.




Today got out for 8 miles. Felt like crap, really tired. My body felt fine though. The little one has been playing games the past few nights so my sleep has been limited and not consistent. So, I'm blaming my daughter. I slept like a rock last night but I think the accumulation over the past few days caught up to me. I've been trying to nap whenever the little one naps just to get caught up or maybe even ahead which has been helping. Speaking of being tired, I sure wish the little one would go for a nap now, I could use one!

no more poppies


Planning on running Friday a normal 8-10 miles, then Saturday for 5  hours. We're off to my father in law's on Saturday night so I'm not sure if I'll get out Sunday. I'll throw in my stuff and would love to get out early before everyone gets up and run a few miles to clean out the system from Saturday, we'll see.






I've been looking for a new handheld bottle since I've been breaking the Ultimate Direction nozzles and that Nathan Elite I got was a piece of shit. Fortunately www.ultramarathonrunning.com had begun selling UltrAspire, I think I mentioned this! I randomly was looking at their race calendar and saw they now have a storefront. Best thing is that they also sell Race Ready shorts! I've worn those shorts for years and was bummed I couldn't get them over here. So far the Ultraspire handheld I've got seems like it will work great. The bottle is kind of hokey though, it has (had, it's already been removed) a magnet in the bottom of it to make tap water taste like spring water or some weird shit like that. Dead weight I see it as. Also the top of the bottle is angled so you don't have to tilt your head back as much when drinking. I never had a problem before so I'll most likely swap out the bottle for a good old Specialized cycling bottle, the gold standard of bottles! Other than the bottle the handheld portion is great, fits nice and snug. Still need to try it out but I think it will be fine.




I also got an UltrAspire Spry running vest. Never had or used one of these before. Essentially a super light stripped down Camelbak that fits nice and snug to your body so it doesn't bounce around. It's got two smaller pockets on the front that you could hold food, an extra bottle, a camera, smart phone, etc in. One the back is a small pocket that could fit some extra layers of clothing or a small water reservoir if need be. Pretty cool for long runs for someone like me who carries handheld bottles. There are some other features/pockets etc. as well. I hate having shit bounce around my waist. I may use this for my 50 miler if the need for extra clothing presents itself.


UltrAspire Spry

No comments:

Post a Comment