Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Nearly three weeks is a downer.

I haven't ran in nearly three weeks. It sucks. I'm super down about it. 

Today however I finally had a possible breakthrough with this piriformis issue. I was totally wrenching a golf ball into my ass cheek trying to find the knotted up muscle. I had been having no luck until BOOM, I found it! Holy shit did it hurt! I layed, pressed, wriggled, with all my body weight to try to break up any adhesions and tightness. It seems to be working, I got nauseous a couple time from the pain. After cranking on it I only have mild pain referring to my lower back, none elsewhere. Got out for a walk briefly late afternoon with the little one and I could comfortably walk full speed. I heated it post wrenching with a hot water bottle and have been stretching like crazy to keep it loose.

I sure hope it doesn't knot up again over night. I'm weary about it still but at least if it does I know where to start. I keep waiting to wake up and it's fixed and I feel normal. Maybe, hopefully, tomorrow will be that day. I can be happy again then! 

So another thing to strengthen, to bulletproof. My glutes and the adductor/abductor muscles associated with my thighs. Already have started every other day with some seemingly simple exercises you'd be "prescribed" by a physio all in the fight to eliminate muscle imbalances! 

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment