Sunday, September 15, 2013

Recovering.......

Well post Superior 100 I'm doing pretty good. Sorry for no preview post etc. but the main people who read this I was with!

The supposed back issue I dealt with early on in the race I have concluded was and still is my piriformis, a muscle hidden deep behind your, well, ass muscles! It is one of 5 or 6 muscles that connect your femur to your pelvis/lumbar vertebrae or at least something like that. The pain and dull ache refer to the lower back and can cause leg numbing due to constricting the sciatic nerve. Fun! Heat seems to be helping this pain in my ass.

Otherwise I feel great. No muscle soreness. A bit tired from the total culmination of a trans Atlantic flight with a toddler, a huge surge in social life and activity seeing family and friends, a 100 mile race, and yet another trans Atlantic toddler management flight. Oh and I'll add in a jet lagged toddler! 

I am ready to run more than ever once this piriformis sorts itself out. 

I'm signed up for the Longmynd Hike, a 50 mile night race, in early October but thinking I may skip it. In November I am planning on the 46 mile Beacons Ultra in Wales which I did last year. A super fun race in Brecon Beacons National Park. After that its time for a break! 

Once I get back at running I'll try to get more photos up as I've been doing a lot of posts with just writing. Also leading up to the trip to MN I had been running mainly in the dark which is no good for photos!

I'm slowly recollecting the Superior 100 and will hopefully have a post up soon with my thoughts.

A huge thanks to my family and friends for their support and mostly being there during the race. I do not think I would have finished without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment